Monday 31 March 2014

Clay and Cotton and Cups of Tea!

What are the elements of a fabulous weekend?

How about clay, cotton and cups of tea?

I know, weird and a tad confusing right? I have a tendency to come across that way ... 

... a lot!

But this weekend I was fortunate enough to take a marvellous clay button making class with Gail Woodhouse (who is amazing!) with an equally fabulous group of ladies!

... and came up with a board full of these, all ready for their first firing through the kiln.


Some of these will be pendants, some buttons and others will be my latest knitted owls button eyes! 

Then I finally found some time to try making some cotton yarn for the crochet basket idea from theredthreadblog.com which I was so eager to try!

... and  which also may be the basket that holds my finished buttons once they are done :)



But the best part was the cups of tea and a long overdue visit with my favourite cousin whom I love with all my heart!

We got to catch up and reminisce and just settle in to enjoying one another's company - she is so dear to me - and we spent a wonderful afternoon together :)

So it makes sense now right? Clay, cotton and cups of tea ... and a weekend to really count my blessings  
... because I truly have a lot of them :)

Here's hoping your weekend was filled with all sorts of wonderful things as well!

xo nikki

Monday morning coffee break crochet ... 








No comments:

Post a Comment