Monday 16 September 2013

The Wonder of Trim!

So what do you do when your littlest one is down to one pair of shorts and you have a ridiculously hot week of weather coming up?

You turn to the Wonder of Trim to save you!


My wee one grows out of - or wears out - her pants so quickly that it was easy to find a couple pairs that I could cut the bottom pant leg off (and after much deliberation on her part which one), sew on the requested trim choice to create a fun, exciting and "new" pair of shorts for her!


Then with the remaining pant legs, and since the sewing machine was hauled out onto the kitchen table anyway ... I used some brown courderoy to finally sew up the holes in the elbows on one of my fave hoodies!



Oval patches seemed too Harvard professor for me so I opted for hearts instead :)

Then, just for fun, and because it had some lovely embroidery on it, we used another pant leg in a collaborative effort between me and the wee one and made this quick, and easy, little purse to go with her new shorts ... 


She LOVED it!

 ... and Mummy was once again saved by the Wonder of Trim! Yay!

xo nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment