Wednesday 18 September 2013

Davy Jones Locker Handspun

Hello Everyone ~

I finally got myself together this morning and brought some of my handspun to show you all.

I'm setting myself a goal of getting a new one photographed and posted every day or two so you can check back and see what I've been up to on my spinning wheels :)

The first one is a lovely soft hand-dyed corespun Alpaca which has been stack-plied with gemstones, coconut beads, glass beads and skully beads. It's over 8 oz in weight!

I wanted it to have an undulating seaweed, tentacley, and deep sea-ness feel to it, like things that have been left, and forgotten, out to sea for too long ... 

It's called "Davy Jones Locker"






xo nikki 

2 comments:

  1. So GORGEOUS! That is some really amazing yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Candy - it's one of my favs actually!

    ReplyDelete