Wednesday 2 July 2014

Warm Woolies for Winter !?

Warm woolies for Winter ?!? What ??

I know, just when Summer has finally arrived, the days are long and hot, and everyone is thinking of beaches, and sand and the joys of flip-flops!

... and I'm talking about the warm coziness of Winter woolies ?!?

Is this girl crazy? Has she completely lost her marbles?

Well ... maybe. 

If I'm not careful there may be a public tar and feathering! But bear with me ... and feel free to put down the pitchforks ...

I am weaving my first wool blankie!



And really in order to be ready for the chilly North winds of winter - you kind of have to weave your wooly blankets in the Summer. They take a surprisingly long time and a LOT of work - more than even I imagined!

But I know I will be happy with all the effort I put in when I can cozy up with my wee ones in front of a nice wood stove on a chilly Winter's night :)

Okay, okay ... I'm done with the freezy talk!

Bring on the Mojitos!!

Happy Weaving everyone!

xo nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment