Thursday 31 July 2014

Daily Dose of Fibre! Ahhhh ...

It has been so long since I have played with fibre on my break at work ... life gets crazy busy, other errands and things to accomplish in the few moments I get for my coffee break and the precious half hour for my lunch.

I'm running around like the Mad Hatter, not taking time to slow down for a cup of tea!

And that's not good ... 

I forgot, until today, how very important it is to use my breaks at work for just that ... breaks.

Breaks from the stress, breaks from the noise, the craziness and our incessant need to fill every single waking second of our day with crossing things off of the never-ending to-do list!!

Argh!

But not today ... 

Today I slowed down and did some playing, and some learning, and shared some laughs with (the other) Nikki while we experimented with fibre on our breaks.

... and it was AMAZING!

Definitely my technique leaves a LOT to be desired as I made my first rolags on the blending board and learned to comb and hackle and diz with wild fibre abandon!

But with every passing moment I could feel the difference my choice had made: in the lightness of my mood, the quickness of my smile and the happiness of my hands as they created with the lovely fibre before me.

So from now on I think I need to make my breaks my breaks, learn to schedule some unscheduled time, and add "playtime with fibre" on to my to-do list!









Happy Break-time Everyone!

xo nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment