Thursday 10 October 2013

My Little India

This yarn has a story and a bit of a history ... 

Some time ago now, I used to live at the coast and work in the film industry. One of those jobs was doing some set design and props for a modern production of Casablanca which involved some lovely dream sequences with a huge Moroccan style set complete with balcony and full moon (which ironically plugged in like a night light - funny hey?)

I digress ... 

In the process of getting the ideas and stage models made I did a trip to one of my favourite places in Vancouver and that was a section of town called "Little India" - everything was bright and colourful and lively and delicious! The fabrics and trim were so lush and yummy and the colour combinations were amazing!!

Flash forward to now ... 

Not that long age I was going through some of my stash and came across this delightful little bag of sample fibres and trim from that very trip, and it brought back such lovely memories of that time in my life that I knew I had to make a yarn with it!

And so "My Little India" was born.  





xo nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment