Friday 25 January 2013

Practicing what Melissa taught me ...

On my wave of spinning and carding joy - I decided to try and mix some wild and sparkly bats and practice corespinning - two of the skills that the phenominal Melissa Nasby of Soul Fibre Studio taught me at one of our After Dark Fibre FUn Sessions. If you haven't yet checked out Miss Nasby you are in for a real treat! She is fun, energetic and absolutely amazing at anything she puts her mind or her talents too! Very well known for her needle felted masks, you can find her here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SoulFibre

So I played around with some fibre on my Wild Carder ...




And then I practiced corespinning and came up with this ...



 
It was SOOOO much fun! And I can't wait to do more! I'm even dreaming up fibre, colour, texture combinations that I can try!!
 
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
 
Big Hugs!
xo nikki
 

No comments:

Post a Comment