Tuesday 26 November 2013

Where the Wild Things Are ...

I have been wanting to make this yarn for ages and finally got the time and the perfect fibre to make it happen this past weekend.

"Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak was one of my brother's favourite books growing up and one I now read with delight to my children.

It has an incredibly special place in my heart and in my memories.

The yarn isn't quite done and so far has taken me two days to create ... but I wanted to share with you some of the in progress photos anyway.



The first ply on the bobbin (above)


Plyed and on the Niddy-Noddy - starting to really feel the Wild Thing-ness now!


And then someone came in and stole my seat while I was taking pictures ...

It was time to make a cup of tea anyway.

xo nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment