Tuesday 25 June 2013

Roving to Yarn ...

An update to my previous post on how far 1 oz of roving will go ... on the Mayan Spinner I got 60 yards!! Not bad. This is how she looked after I set the twist and fulled the yarn a bit so that it really brought out the handspun look :)
 

I spun a yarn that ended up being about 14 wraps per inch in size and have now started knitting it up on 3.25 mm (or No. 3 US) DPN's to begin the owl - see below for the beginning of the owl's bottom (teehee)



I have had some inquiries about purchasing my owl pattern, and so right now I am in the process of writing my pattern down rather than free-form knitting it as I have been doing for my owls and changing them as I go along.
If you are interested and would like us to email you the notification when it is ready for sale in our upcoming Etsy shop, please pop us an email at nickelbeestudios@gmail.com.

Happy Spinning & Knitting Everyone!

xo nikki 

No comments:

Post a Comment